Thursday, September 27, 2012

These are amazing!

So I'm working on something pretty fun for you all, but it's not quiiiiite ready yet. So, in the meanwhile, I wanted to share this amazingly awesome lecture series on writing by fantasy author and pretty cool dude Brandon Sanderson.

I linked these on Twitter before, but if you're at all interested in writing fantasy (or really, writing anything) and you haven't had a chance to watch/listen to these yet, I very much suggest you take a few minutes and give them a go. Here's one of my favorites where he talks about his plotting method.


I've started working a lot of these ideas into my own plotting system. And this is just the surface, there's so so much more. If you don't want to sit down at watch a 20 minute lecture (who has the time?), these are totally great to just listen to as well. I like to put one on while I'm cooking/doing things that don't need 100% brainpower. It's like a mini-writing workshop!

It's always such a joy to listen to someone who really knows what he's talking about. I can not recommend these enough.

(Real blog post coming soon, I swear!)

- R

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I've got them all downloaded and I'm working my way through from start to finish. And taking notes

So Jazzed.

Unknown said...

I watched these all a month or two ago, they are excellent. I recommend them to everyone I know who writes. It is the second thing to jump-start my writing forward (after your post about how you went from writing 2k a day to 10k a day).

Anonymous said...

Now you've got me listening to them while I'm cooking or doing such things that don't need 100% brain power. I take notes, too.

Oliver Maurice said...

I think that you need to also check here for some info on how to write great essay sentence topic. This could be really good

joyalex said...

Thanks for the article as quickbooks is the accounting tool and it has the sometimes an error arises that affects the functioning of the quickbooks tool as while installing the software it will affect the functioning of the quickbooks tool and it can be resolved with the qb install diagnostic tool