Thursday, September 27, 2012

These are amazing!

So I'm working on something pretty fun for you all, but it's not quiiiiite ready yet. So, in the meanwhile, I wanted to share this amazingly awesome lecture series on writing by fantasy author and pretty cool dude Brandon Sanderson.

I linked these on Twitter before, but if you're at all interested in writing fantasy (or really, writing anything) and you haven't had a chance to watch/listen to these yet, I very much suggest you take a few minutes and give them a go. Here's one of my favorites where he talks about his plotting method.


I've started working a lot of these ideas into my own plotting system. And this is just the surface, there's so so much more. If you don't want to sit down at watch a 20 minute lecture (who has the time?), these are totally great to just listen to as well. I like to put one on while I'm cooking/doing things that don't need 100% brainpower. It's like a mini-writing workshop!

It's always such a joy to listen to someone who really knows what he's talking about. I can not recommend these enough.

(Real blog post coming soon, I swear!)

- R

3 comments:

Ken Schrader said...

I've got them all downloaded and I'm working my way through from start to finish. And taking notes

So Jazzed.

Laura Stephenson said...

I watched these all a month or two ago, they are excellent. I recommend them to everyone I know who writes. It is the second thing to jump-start my writing forward (after your post about how you went from writing 2k a day to 10k a day).

Anonymous said...

Now you've got me listening to them while I'm cooking or doing such things that don't need 100% brain power. I take notes, too.