Friday, June 6, 2014

The Nice Dragons Finish Last Cover Post!

No blog this week due to OMG WRITE WRITE WRITE WRITE mode, but I realized I have been very remiss in my authorial duties since unveiling the cover for my new Urban Fantasy (and first foray into self publishing), Nice Dragons Finish Last... I never mentioned the artist who made Julius look so suave!

So, without further ado, the art for Nice Dragons was done by the amazingly talented Anna Steinbauer! Working with her was an absolute delight and I could not be happier with the end result. You can see more of her excellent work at her Deviant Art gallery, but for now, here's the full, beautiful, un-marred-by-text original version of the cover for Nice Dragons Finish Last as illustrated by Anna Steinbauer!


Oh, Julius, you look so cool now, but your life is about to fall off a cliff!

As the smallest dragon of the Heartstriker clan, Julius survives by a simple code: keep quiet, don’t cause trouble, and stay out of the way of bigger dragons. But this meek behavior doesn't fly in a family of magical predators, and his mother, Bethesda the Heartstriker, has finally reached the end of her patience. 

Now, trapped in a human body and banished to the DFZ--a vertical metropolis built on the ruins of Old Detroit--Julius has one month to prove that he can be a ruthless dragon or lose his true shape forever. But in a city of modern mages and vengeful spirits where dragons are considered monsters to be exterminated, he’s going to need some serious help to survive this test.

 He only hopes humans are more trustworthy than dragons...

Nice Dragons Finish Last comes out July 15! There's no preorder since this is self pub (though you can add it on Goodreads), but I promise I will let you all know the second it hits. Also, if you are a reviewer, and would like an advanced copy of the ebook, please let me know and I will happily send you one!

I seriously can't wait for this to come out. If you liked Eli or Devi, I really think you'll enjoy NDFL!

-R

10 comments:

Paul Weimer said...

Oh I am tempted to ask you for a review copy, Rachel :)

Rachel Aaron said...

DO EET!!

Anonymous said...

I love the cover with the city background and the sign/poster behind Julius (who has amazing green eyes). And I think it's really cool that a fellow Austrian did it :-)

Rachel Aaron said...

@Jery I'm so glad that you noticed his eyes! Those are actually very important to the story hahaha.

Yay Austria! Always stoked to see international peeps on my blog :D Thank you!!

Hannah Givens said...

Love the art, and the book looks good too!

Lege Artis said...

Gorgeous! Anna is so talented.

I liked Devi, so I can't wait to read about Christian. Every story is like ten times cooler if there are dragons. :D

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

Hi Rachel,
Aimee from South Africa here. I love your writing style, the depth you go into with your characters - everything. The problem is, I struggle to get hold of them here. I just can't find them in any book shops! If I want to read them - and I do! - I normally need to order them via Amazon or other such sites. Since most of these are located internationally - and even in South Africa, shipping prices and taxes are high - the book I order often ends up costing double or even triple the original price. Could you possibly speak to your international publishers about making your books more available in my corner of the woods? Thanks!

Lara said...

Hi I loved loved your other books and want to buy this one but can't find it!

Anonymous said...

Delhi Service
Delhi
Russian in Delhi
girls
Delhi girls
Independent girl in Delhi
Mumbai Service